Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Photos: Crocodile Stitch Neckwarmer

I blogged this yesterday. Here are some photos, thank you Lianka Azulay:

Is this a cool crochet stitch pattern or what? You can also see this design in two other colors, a gray and an olive green. The designer recommends Knit Picks Palette, a fingering weight pure Peruvian Highland Wool. 

Lianka writes: "I really have very little time to promote my designs (i.e. full-time job, husband, dog and grad school). Crochet is what keeps me centered.
I love that your blog intends to increase interest in crochet. Unfortunately, too many people think that you can only make ponchos, doilies and tablecloths with it."

7 comments:

  1. I have spent 5 days trying to figure out this pattern. I love i so much.I have been croceting for 60 years and this is the first timeI have been stumped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nelda, think of it as a layered leaaf pattern.look at it and you will see what i mean.

      Delete
  2. Hi nelda9, there has been discussion about this stitch pattern lately in the Crochet Partners Yahoo group. If you're not a member of it, here's a Youtube video someone posted today about it:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puCaY4mfTo4

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://yarn-muse.blogspot.com/2011/01/crocodile-stitch.html?showComment=1317126371086#c911945038257722367

    Great Tutorial! HTH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nelda I find it pretty too here is a site with a good tutorial that might help you
    Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-to-make-crochet-crocodile-scale.html
    Sorry I forgot to include the site.
    Beckie

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? We'd love to hear them.